[Peeweelinux] about autologin again

Wang Ke [email protected]
Fri, 16 Jan 2004 19:48:06 +0200

I am a newbie in Embedded Linux world.

I run minimal example nicely on a pc/104 via CompactFlash. Thank you for
this wonderful tool!

Now i want to enable the Autologin ability to my system.

I checked the mailing list. And tried to modify the /etc/inittab file from
one instruction.

Create a file named autologin.c add this to the file: int main () { execlp
("login", "login", "-f", "root", 0); }

Now gcc -o autologin autologin.c Now cp autologin /sbin Now edit
etc/inittab file, look for the line that looks like this:
1:345:respawn:/sbin/getty 38400 tty1 and change to
1:2345:respawn:/sbin/getty -n -l /sbin/autologin 38400 tty1

but the system is still asking for password!

Do you have any other approach to do Autologin? How about by "tinylogin" in
./pwlconfig
and can you tell me? Or some one would send me the bootx.gz file?

Thank you very much.

Wang Ke

Adress:
Voyrinkatu 6 AS 2