[Peeweelinux] RH62 compat. question

Jonathan Sturges [email protected]
Sun, 4 Jan 2004 23:31:19 -0500

Hi,
I'm learning how to compile apps for use in PWL systems.  My host is running
RH8 but I've got the compat-* RPMs from RH73, so I have (in theory) the
ability to build RH62-compatible apps.

My question is, is there any steps other than just running the
/usr/i386-glibc21-linux/bin/i386-glibc21-linux-env.sh script before
compiling the applications?  When I take this script into my shell with ".
/usr/i386-glibc21-linux/bin/i386-glibc21-linux-env.sh", and then do
configure/make/etc, the resulting binaries are still linked against the
glibc from RH8.  Are there additional env. variables to make gcc/ld find the
older libraries?

Also, I'm using the "kgcc" compiler, FWIW.

If anyone could fill me in on what I need to do to get these apps. linked
agains glibc 2.1, it would be greatly appreciated.

thanks,
Jonathan