[Peeweelinux] questions bout JVM, barcode scanner and wireless network

Troy Engel [email protected]
Mon, 12 Apr 2004 14:52:11 -0700

Ivan wrote:

> - Which JVM are best to run on this OS ?

This will depend on your target device hardware -- we are lucky to use a
Geode 300Mhz which is i586-compatible, so we use the Sun JRE (with parts
cut out for size). Many people use the "J9" java engine for embedded
devices and say it works great, but I've never used it.

> - Is there any problems with serial port/USB barcode scanner ?

This is more of a question about the linux kernel -- you may have to
upgrade to 2.4 to get the right device driver for your hardware. I'd
carefully research what driver it uses, and what is stable where (in the
kernel).

-te

--
Troy Engel | Systems Engineer