[Peeweelinux] Adding Custom RPMS

Correy Edmed [email protected]
Fri, 02 May 2003 11:58:38 +1000

Hi

I would like to get a few more programs working on peeweelinux. Namely
sndconfig to configure my sound card and comedi to configure my PCM-3730
I/O controller.

I notice that the "Configure Custom Files" allows you to update single
files or add whole directories however this is no good if you want to
add an RPM or make install an application.

I notice that "/Embedded_Build/RPMS" holds all the rpm files for the
"Configure file system menu" which somehow have been loaded into a
directory "/Embedded_Build/packages". If you enter one of these
directories for arguments sake lets use "/Embedded_Build/RPMS/Editors"
you would get the following listing:
ee.list    e.tar    nano.list    nano.tar    vim-ncurses.list
vim-ncurses.tar    vim.list    vim.tar

SO THE MILLION DOLLAR QUESTION IS -  How do I take an RPM file for eg
"sndconfig-0.43-1.i386.rpm" (Redhat 6.2 file) and add it to say the
directory /Embedded_Build/packages/Applications_Sound in the format
"sndconfig.tar sndconfig.list?

So that when I launch ./pwlconfig and go into Configure file systems and
then enter Applications_Sound I will have the option of selecting sndconfig?

Would be great if someone could do a HOWTO for this question because it
is never dealt with fully in the archives however I would love to be
proved wrong.

Thanks

Correy