[Peeweelinux] 2.4 troubles

Al Whorley [email protected]
Mon, 31 Mar 2003 09:39:44 -0500

  I am trying to move my Peewee install to 2.4.  I have gotten the compat*
packages, and installed them.  I made the necessary changes to the kernel
Makefile (changed gcc to kgcc and added the -D__KERNEL__ -I$(HPATH) to the
CC variable). I sourced the i386-glibc21-linux-env.sh script.  everything
compiles just fine, and then I created a custom kernel package, with the
/dev nodes I need.  Then I deploy to the compact flash, which also goes
well.  The problem is that my kernel appears to load and then immediately
after load, it prints a short message and reboots.  I can't read the
message, it flashes by very quickly.  I can pick out that it is printing
the normal 'Decompressing Linux'  message.  If I use a 2.2 kernel,
everything goes just fine.

   Any help that anyone could offer would be greatly appreciated.
      Thanks
       Al Whorley