[Peeweelinux] Saving ramdisk changes

Ken Emmons, Jr. [email protected]
Wed, 26 Mar 2003 17:33:13 -0500

Linking lilo.conf and writing a C program that changes the IP and writes it to the file, then run LILO will probably work. All you would need is to then include the LILO package and your custom C code.

~Ken

>>> Leif Steinhour <[email protected]> 03/25 4:41 PM >>>

One hack I have used in the past for this sort of problem has been to link
the conf file to a file on a volume they can edit. Keep in mind that this
introduces a major security vulnerability, I really think you're asking
for trouble having the users mess around with lilo.conf. I'm wondering if
there isn't some way to set up a DHCP style relay to handle the IP
mappings?