[Peeweelinux] DOC2000-ready kernel? (Was RE:initrd problem)

Mark Meade [email protected]
Mon, 24 Mar 2003 16:09:50 -0500

On Monday 24 March 2003 03:49 pm, Stephen Lee wrote:
> I've compiled a 2.4.20 kernel with no modules and still have the same
> problem. Does anyone have a DOC2000-ready kernel (2.4.2x) with no
> dependent modules for PWL I could try? I want to eliminate the kernel as
> a source of my bootup problem.

Stephen,

I don't have a kernel handy, but I can tell you that I have been able to boot
from a DOC2000 with a 2.4.19 kernel and the appropriate MTD options enabled
(compiled-in, not as modules).  I used both GRUB and LILO -- Grub is my
personal perference, but using LILO is easier under Peewee.

In your first email, you mentioned that you used dformat or fdisk to install
a FAT12 partition on the DOC.  If you are trying to boot from this partition,
do you have FAT support compiled into your kernel?

Mark