[Peeweelinux] nfs with peewee, kernel 2.4.20

Troy Engel [email protected]
Mon, 24 Mar 2003 09:59:58 -0800

Ken Emmons, Jr. wrote:

> portmap: server localhost not responding, timed out.

I'm not an NFS master or anything, but don't you have to run "rpc.lockd"
as a daemon on any NFS client before trying to mount a remote server?  I
think portmap is for servers only, so that shouldn't be needed.

On all my redhat NFS clients here, rpc.lockd/rpc.statd is part of
nfs-utils, and has to be started before I can mount any remote NFS
shares. I would expect PWL to be the same...?

hth,
-te

--
Troy Engel, Systems Engineer
"Now, Beakie, we'll just flip this switch and 60,000 refreshing