[Peeweelinux] nfs with peewee, kernel 2.4.20

Ken Emmons, Jr. [email protected]
Mon, 24 Mar 2003 11:20:24 -0500

Hello,

I am using kernel 2.4.20  (with RTAI patches). I have built the kernel custom and put it in the custom/boot directory. I have put my modules in the appropriate place in custom/lib.

I have built nfs into my custom kernel and am subsequently trying to mount an nfs filesystem off of my debian server machine.

I modified the peewee fstab manually and checked off not to generate boot files.

when I try to mount the nfs export the mount command hangs, and I am able to switch to another terminal and run dmesg, which reports the following:

begin***

NFS: NFSv3 not supported.
nfs warning: mount version older than kernel.
 hda:hda1
 hda:hda1
portmap: server localhost not responding, timed out.

***end

The NFSv3 message I can see is possibly because I didn't enable v3 support in my custom kernel. The mount message kind of worries me, and I am not sure if it is the culprit or not.

I am not sure what the timeout message means, but I ran ifconfig and got the following from lo device:

begin***
inet addr: 127.0.0.1     Mask:255.0.0.0
UP LOOPBACK RUNNING
***end

etc etc...

I am not sure where to start debugging this. I tried copying a new version of mount, but it is dynamically linked to GLIBC 2.2, so I can't use it.

any ideas are appreciated.

~Ken