[Peeweelinux] Bootx.tgz file

Jan De Geeter [email protected]
Mon, 30 Jun 2003 08:35:35 +0200

Joe,

You can launch your application from the rc.init file. I use the following
rc.init.
MyApplication simply starts my application

Jan

---------------------
#!/bin/sh
#
# /rc.init
#
# Starts the system. It only contains boot specific things like
# mounting filesystems. Upon termination it executes /etc/rc.sysinit
# to do all the traditional sysinit stuff.
#

# Set the path
PATH=/bin:/sbin:/usr/bin:/usr/sbin
export PATH

# Mount /etc
mount -n /dev
mount -n /etc

# Now that we have a read-write mtab
>/etc/mtab

# Enter root and etc into mtab
mount -f /
mount -f /dev
mount -f /etc

# Let the 'real' rc.sysinit take over
/etc/rc.sysinit

# Configure network
ifconfig eth0 192.168.1.160 up
ifconfig lo 127.0.0.1 netmask 255.0.0.0 broadcast 127.255.255.255

# Mount writeable partition
mount /dev/hda3 /mnt/flash3
cd /mnt/flash3/bin

# Launch application