[Peeweelinux] kernel 2.4.18

Barry Gershenfeld [email protected]
Wed, 25 Jun 2003 13:10:51 -0700 (PDT)

At  6/17/03 , you wrote:
>I am trying to get a 32 meg flash drive loaded with Linux I need it for
>clustering I have failed miserably with updating to the 2.4.18 kernel I
>read the how-to that was posted. It did not come close to working.
>
>I always get unable to mount root fs

Without knowing more I would say that the kernel *is* working, if it
signs on, finds your hardware, and makes it all the way to mounting
the root fs (file system).  Maybe it is the file system that is
causing the problem, but my educated guess is that the system
is trying to mount the wrong thing--come to think of it, it
tells you, just give us the numbers, (03:01, or whatever.)

And that would be a loader (LILO) issue.

>and then pushed the image with ./pwlconfig

I know how to fiddle with these issues by hand, but I don't
know very much about getting pwlconfig to do anything other
than what it is set up to do.  But there are Target Device
settings in the Target Hardware menu that may help you.

And if I'm wrong about all that, make sure you compiled
the necessary device driver and file system into the
kernel.

Barry