[Peeweelinux] lilo.conf hangs

correy [email protected]
Thu, 17 Jul 2003 09:23:47 +1000

I have been playing with lilo.conf to try another kernel image. I tried
the other image I made but it didn't work and then I tried to restore
the original one but it doesn't work so I am assuming it is a problem
with my lilo.conf file.

I mount the compact flash and then chroot /mnt/cf2 (root filesystem on cf)
I then mount the boot partition on hdc1 mount /mnt/cf1
ls /mnt/cf1
initrd    boot.b    bzImage    map

My lilo.conf file looks like this.
____________________________
disk=/dev/hdc
  bios=0x80
  heads=4
  sectors=32
  cylinders=490

boot=/dev/hdc
map=/mnt/cf1/map
install=/mnt/cf1/boot.b
compact
prompt
timeout=20
default=linux

image=/mnt/cf1/vmlinuz
        label=linux
        initrd=/mnt/cf1/initrd
        read-only
        root=/dev/hdc2
        vga=0x317
I then run lilo and it says
Added linux *

However after rebooting all I get is LI and the system hangs.

What should I change in lilo.conf also I don't really understand about
initrd and what script causes it to load into ram2?

Any help to get me booting again would be great.

Correy