[Peeweelinux] 16754 uart

Troy Engel [email protected]
Mon, 20 Jan 2003 11:51:52 -0800

On the 16C554 uarts we use (4port Advantech PCM-3643) there are some dip
switches that caused problems. One of them was labeled "98/NT Mode"
which has to be *off*. The other problemo was getting all the dips for
the IRQ/base address right so as not to interfere with other serial
devices on the mainboard.

Once I got those nailed, using setserial was my friend and everything
started to work, e.g.:

/usr/bin/setserial -v /dev/ttyS4 uart 16550A port 0x240 irq 9
/usr/bin/setserial -v /dev/ttyS5 uart 16550A port 0x248 irq 9

hth,
-te

--
Troy Engel, Systems Engineer