[Peeweelinux] 16754 uart

Jim Graham [email protected]
Mon, 20 Jan 2003 14:28:52 -0500

--------------90150D4C7B09C0E2E448D885

Hi

   I am trying to interface to a quad uart card which uses TI's
TL16C754B 64 byte fifo uart.  I have verified that the card is set up
correctly (after the open I manipulate the device registers for now) but
still not able to communicate.   I created the device file using
setserial with uart 16750.

   I can open the device but a write never seems to send data to the
UART.  I enabled the debugging prints.  When I close the device I get
transmission of data from the UART but it looks like random data.

Any suggestions?  Is this a path to an end?

thanks
jim

--------------90150D4C7B09C0E2E448D885

begin:vcard