[Peeweelinux] Xwindow *urgent* pls help

Leif Steinhour [email protected]
Wed, 8 Jan 2003 14:56:19 -0800

I don't know if this is useful or not:

1). You should check to see whether /dev/mouse is defined in your dev
directory and take a look at your XF86Config file (which, incidentally you
should post so that we can take a look at it). In particular there is a
section that tells you which port the device is set up on. Is that defined
correctly? 2). You should also post what kind of mouse you have. Pee wee
is set up for some, but not all of the stuff that's out there. I'm
currently trying to figure out how to recompile the X server, and if I
succeed I'll post some info on how to do it, in the event that your
hardware does not have drivers for it.

X can be very frusteration to get going, but it also usually comes down to
one or two lines of code.