[Peeweelinux] su not from console

Jim Graham [email protected]
Wed, 08 Jan 2003 10:36:00 -0500

--------------8A3D2CCAB035CF5835ACB1E0

Hi

   This is a basic Linux question.  We are using Peewee Linux on a PC104
box.

   From the console port I can su to any account including root.

   I can telnet to the PC104 box and su to any account except root.

   When telnet in and then su to root it prompts for password and then
responds with
   su:incorrect password  --> after a couple of seconds of delay.

   I removed the root password and still get the same results from
telnet (ie it still looks for a password).  From the console the no
password account works find.

   I tried adding ttyp(n) to the /etc/securetty file : no change

   Any other suggestions?

   Thanks for the help in advance.

-- jim

--------------8A3D2CCAB035CF5835ACB1E0