[Peeweelinux] DOC

Jim Graham [email protected]
Mon, 17 Feb 2003 09:16:17 -0500

--------------0C21943FE726B4E0FD4DC861

Hi

    I am trying to use a 512 MB DOC (NFTL) on a RTD Geode processor with
the 5530 companion chip.  I have updated the DOC driver to version 5.1.4
and am loading the DOC module as part of initrd (just prior to the copy
from the boot device to ram).

    Currently I am booting from an attached hard drive.  When the DOC
module is loaded partition information is displayed.  On successive
boots the same DOC partition information is not always displayed.  dmesg
after boot displays error messages of the type

   fl: _init:registerd device at major:100
   fl: Error FlMount->flAbsMountVolumn:26

I am not linking in the PCI UDMA code in the kernel per the RTD
application note.
I am using the M-Systems lilo compiled with the switch LARGE_EDBA which
pushes the application down in memory.

Any ideas on the meaning of the erorr or recommendations?

Any suggestions would be appreciated.

-- thanks
    jim

--------------0C21943FE726B4E0FD4DC861