[Peeweelinux] development configuration

dan [email protected]
Tue, 11 Feb 2003 17:04:19 -0500

This isn't so much a Peeweelinux question, but thought the readers of this list
would be a good source of info. I want to build systems using Peewee
on my development  machine and copy it to media that is bootable on my
prototype box and a floppy isn't big enough.

Development box - Laptop running Redhat. Has USB ports.

Prototype box - EPIA Mini-ITX. Will boot from IDE and USB Zip drive (but
unfortunately no other USB devices)

What I can do right now is use my USB hard drive caddy that I plug
into the laptop and create the image. To boot the prototype box, I remove the
IDE cable from the caddy and plug it into the protototype box. This is kind
of awkward, since I'm plugging and unplugging cables and am kind of a klutz
about bending pins sometimes. I don't really want to buy a USB Zip drive
just for this purpose.

My question is: What hardware config to you use for development?

thanks in advance,
dan