[Peeweelinux] rc.d / init scripts Adi

rushi lala [email protected]
Mon, 10 Feb 2003 10:23:58 +0000

Hi Adi,

I have realised that peewee is not using the same rc.d scripts like redhat
does.
Actually what I want to do is to auto login the system.

I found that by adding
Su �pwd  - -login to /etc/rc.local in redhat will enable me to auto login
which is the lastly executing init script in redhat.

I found that you have written most of the init script by your self. Can you
please tell in which script and where should I put this su �pwd - - login so
my system can auto login.

Right now I am able to get the login prompt in X using xdm and able to auto
execute application after login.

Also I tried to make the boot process silent by adding append=�quit� in
lilo.conf , which unfortunately does nothing, can you tell me where exactly
shall I put this for quite boot. Is there some thing related to
/etc/boot.silent file???

Any suggestion from any one is appreciated

Thanks in advance to all

Rushi

Express yourself with cool emoticons http://messenger.msn.co.uk