[Peeweelinux] Unable to su - from user to root, incorrect password

CRISTIAN MEJIA [email protected]
Mon, 29 Dec 2003 09:21:44 -0300

--------------030002070503040503010900

Sorry, I misunderstand your question. I have no possibilities to do any
test in a PeeWee machine now, but I can remember some old posts about
using the binary su instead of the busybox symbolic link to it, is in
one of the PeeWee packages, but you will need to uncheck the busybox
link to avoid overwriting.

HTH,

Regards,
       Cristi�n.

--

Atte,

Cristi�n Mej�a D.
ECOFOR y C�a. Ltda.

http://www.ecofor.cl

--------------030002070503040503010900

<head>
  <title></title>
</head>
Sorry, I misunderstand your question. I have no possibilities to do any
test in a PeeWee machine now, but I can remember some old posts about
using the binary su instead of the busybox symbolic link to it, is in
one of the PeeWee packages, but you will need to uncheck the busybox
link to avoid overwriting.<br>
HTH,<br>
Regards,<br>
&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp; &nbsp;&nbsp; Cristi&aacute;n.<br>
Peter Illmayer wrote:<br>
  <pre wrap="">Christian

Thanks for your help, I'm just trying to understand why I cant su to
root from a user...weird !

Pete

       Is not secure to login as root, but, if you still want, you must
delete the /etc/securetty file.

Regards,
          Cristi&aacute;n.

Peter Illmayer wrote:

  </pre>
    <pre wrap="">Hi ALL

A newbie to peewee, what a great development environment !!  I've
managed to program a flash card and get my embedded computer to work !
I'm having a problem getting from a user to root via telnet, always get
    </pre>
  <pre wrap=""><!---->
  </pre>
    <pre wrap="">incorrect password.  I've looked through as many of the tinylogin
webpages as I can find but I'm no wiser.

Could anyone please offer some help....

Thankyou..Pete

    </pre>
  <pre wrap=""><!---->