[Peeweelinux] kernel-2.4.18 compile

Troy Engel [email protected]
Tue, 09 Dec 2003 10:01:50 -0800

Sean Lee2 wrote:

> My second question is "I need kernel-2.4.28 as well as whole new packages".
> Should I rebuild the root file system and make a new ramdisk?

I'm not sure what you're asking here -- if you follow that general
HowTo, and build packages for the extra stuff (modutils, e2fsprogs, etc)
and select them in your project, you *have* to re-run the "extract
filesystem" option again to rebuild the virtual filesystem that will be
placed on the ramdisk.

This is all standard PWL building, try reading through the list archives.

> And If I rebuild the root file system, is there any limitation of the
> ramdisk size?

No idea, sorry. Using the PWL gui tool, I've never had any issues
building a CF disk that boots properly. Even with all the custom
packages, etc. I often wonder why so many people have problems with
non-booting disks....

-te

--
Troy Engel, Systems Engineer