[Peeweelinux] Error loading file system to target compact flash card

Ashley Rolleston [email protected]
22 Aug 2003 15:50:43 +0100

> >When I try and 'Extract File System for Project' it just gives me lots
> >of 'Not found in Archive' messages for all of the files.
>
> This looks like the first error.  Meaning that you need to get this
> fixed first.  This is the step that creates your target's file
> tree on project/bootx/mnt
>
> I wonder if you managed to be missing the packages?  I did this once.
> Extracting them is supposed to happen automatically the first
> time it PWL is run.  I think a few others have managed this stunt
> as well.  Have a look in the Embedded_Build/packages directory
> and see if you see directories corresponding to PWL choices (I
> have about 24 of them).  In each of those directories you
> should see pairs of files named .tar and .list
> If you don't, that's the first step.

Thanks Barry,

Well, all the .tar and .list files are there. I agree that the fact that
the file system wont extract is the problem, but can't understand why.
I'm thinking more and more that it is my host development system setup.
I am using Red Hat 9.0, and possibly the reason it will not extract is
due to factors such as incorrect permissions etc. I am currently logging
on as a user, then 'su root' and unpacking in my '/home/user/' directory
before running ./pwlconfig .

The bootx project has been tested out and works fine on other systems
(Ken, the gentleman who sent me the file bootx.tgz extracted and put to
target flash card with the exact same file to check for me).

/me keeps plugging away :)

--
Ashley Rolleston
aka Onyx^