[Peeweelinux] PeeweeLinux + Xwindows booting from Compact Flash

Barry Gershenfeld [email protected]
Wed, 20 Aug 2003 12:56:21 -0700 (PDT)

>	-	A flash capable browser (mozilla?)

Mozilla is so huge I won't even put it on my desktop machine.
But there is a browser-only version called Firebird.
Browser only?  Yes, no page composer, no email client, no newsreader, etc.
And there are other browsers, like Opera.

>this was unrealistic, although keeping boot time down is still of
>importance.

On my app (server, no X) about half the boot time is in the
board's POST and BIOS.  Something to shop for.

>Personally I detest flash, however my vote doesn't get very far on this

Flash is a good technology.  Horribly misused 95% of the time.

Barry