[Peeweelinux] Re[2]: Mouse PS2 problem

Dennis W. Tokarski [email protected]
Thu, 24 Apr 2003 20:19:08 -0400

Hanoi Santos Hung wrote:

[snip]

> In my custom kernel I have enabled :
> Character Devices -> [*] Mouse Support (not serial mouse)
> Character Devices -> Mice -> <*> Microsoft busmouse support
> Character Devices -> Mice -> [*] PS/2 mouse (aka "auxiliary device") support
>
> Is this enough ? Or I have to add another module or change a
> configuration file ?

I would think that's OK. I don't have bus mouse support
turned on, but otherwise my config's the same. Your
selection of bus mouse shouldn't do anything since you
don't seem to have selected any of the specific bus
mouse options.

How about /dev/psaux? You said it exists, but maybe
it's got the wrong major or minor number. 'ls -l /dev/psaux'
should show:

crw-------    1 root     root      10,   1 Apr 24 20:16 /dev/psaux

   --Dennis