[Peeweelinux] Redhat 6.2 ISO Burning corruption

Correy Edmed [email protected]
Thu, 24 Apr 2003 13:16:30 +1000

Hi

I have taken the advise about using redhat 6.2 to avoid troubles however
it has created these problems in the process.

I have downloaded these 3 files from /redhat/linux/6.2/en/iso/i386

redhat-6.2-doc.iso
redhat-6.2-i386.iso
redhat-6.2-srpms.iso

I then used NERO and selected burn image however it said wrong block
size and gave me the option to correct it or ignore it. It was preset on
2048 and I tried burning it.

All the files appear on the cdrom however some of the files are
corrupted for example you can't even copy them.

I then changed the block size and re-tried burning it however this time
it didn't even register. I then burnt it using Easy CD creator which
didn't give me an error at all but some of the files were still corrupt.

Obviously because these files are corrupt I was unable to boot from them
even when I downloaded boot.img and tried booting it from the floppy. I
got /module/module-info corrupt and it exited the install.

Are the files (*.iso) I have downloaded (1.8G worth) corrupt and should
I try another site or is it another problem which I am overlooking.

Correy Edmed