[Peeweelinux] CF card problem

Stefan Willmert [email protected]
Tue, 22 Apr 2003 07:42:51 -0500

what I learned from the manufacturers:

A compact flash card is good for about 500,000 writes per sector. Industrial
strength cards suggest about 2,000,000 writes per sector.

So, it depends on your usage.
I use it to store a ram disk image, and configuration files to limit the
number of writes to the card.

-stefan

-----Original Message-----
From: [email protected] [mailto:[email protected]]On
Behalf Of [email protected]
Sent: Tuesday, April 22, 2003 3:46 AM
To: [email protected]
Subject: Re: [Peeweelinux] CF card problem

Hello

Is anyone using CF card in target system with IDE adapter for storing large
sums
of data. Is CF card suitable for such purpose or is it suitable only for RO
mode. I need this answer for my project and i would like some information if
CF
card is suitable for this because i had problems with it.
I know i have put this question before but i didnt't get any answer from
experienced embedded-linux gurus that i belive are on this list.

Rok Ostrovrsnik

p.s. i  am thankfull ken simmons for answering me so quickly
_

Prvi mesec brezplacno. Brez zasedenih linij. Hitra aktivacija.

PREMIUM VOLJA: klicni paket z vsemi prednostmi, ki jih potrebujete.

http://premium.volja.net