[Peeweelinux] CF card problem

Ken Emmons, Jr. [email protected]
Fri, 18 Apr 2003 09:06:50 -0400

Currently I am using CF with compressed ramdrive. This works well but is RO.

I am, however, mounting flash disk as read/write to save data, and then mounting back to RO. This works well for me.

~Ken

>>> rok ostrovrsnik <[email protected]> 04/18 1:48 AM >>>
Hello

I am working with sandisk CF card and i have that problem. I want to
know if anyone is using IDE adapter for CF card on target system in
read-write mode. Because if i use CF as read-only then everything works.
But if i use it as read-write i had problems because sometimes fsck
finds problems and deletes some files from CF and my system becomes
unusable.

Is this problem hapening because i used linux fdisk to create
partitions? I saw that some have had that problem. if this is the
problem does anyone know why is it happening?

Rok Ostrovrsnik