[Peeweelinux] CF card problem

Ken Emmons, Jr. [email protected]
Thu, 17 Apr 2003 09:38:37 -0400

Hello,

Did you try other flash cards witht he same setup? Just asking because I had problems witha  Kingston card in one system, but not the other. I tried Sandisk and it worked on both systems. Both computers used an IDE adapter. I am not sure if this helps, but give it a try if you haven't already.

~Ken

>>> rok ostrovrsnik <[email protected]> 04/17 9:23 AM >>>
I just want to know why it is not wise to use IDE adapters with CF
cards. Why is fdisk causing troubles with CF cards?
I have used IDE adapter on my computer and it worked fine for some time.
But now i have problem. I cant format the CF card anymore. Sometimes i
can get it working but only if i format it in windows and then format it
again with fdisk. My project works fine for now but it is configured for
  read-only operations. But i need at least 1 partition for storing some
information in case that power fails. So if IDE adapters are only
suitable for read-only how can i overcome that problem.

Please i need some answers soon.
Thanks in advance

Rok Ostrovrsnik