[Peeweelinux] Adding nfsroot parameters to lilo

Stephen Lee [email protected]
17 Apr 2003 01:12:13 -0700

I added the following bits to the lilo.conf portion in
pwl_target_functions:

image = $rd_bp_kernel
root = /dev/nfs
label = nfs
vga = 768
append = "console=tty2 ip=bootp  \
          nfsroot=192.168.1.200:/export/linux/root"

During the lilo loader phase when writing PWL to a DOC2000, I get the
following error:

Creating lilo.conf in a temporary location...ok
Installing lilo bootloader...Patched LILO for M-Systems' DiskOnChip 2000
LILO version 21, Copyright 1992-1998 Werner Almesberger

Reading boot sector from /dev/nftla
Merging with ./mnt/boot.b
Boot image: ./mnt/bzImage
Mapping RAM disk ./mnt/ramdisk
Added linux
Not a number: "/dev/nfs"   <------- error
ok
Unmounting target device /dev/nftla1...ok

According to nfsroot.txt in the kernel docs (2.4.20), you're suppose to
create a dummy device (mknod /dev/boot255 c 0 255) to satisfy the
root=/dev/nfs requirement. I created the device on the system hosting
prior to runnig pwlconfig but that didn't help lilo recognize /dev/nfs.
How do  I do this with pwlconfig or manually.

Thanks,
Stephen