[Peeweelinux] How to properly add packages?

Adi Linden [email protected]
Wed, 18 Sep 2002 12:45:16 -0500 (CDT)

That problem was caused by rpm. I think there were some changes in later
versions of rpm. The quick fix at the time was to use the specific rpm
version that was known to work. This is the solution for RedHat 6.x

Having said that, I don't think the RedHat 7.x binary rpms work with
older rpm versions. Not sure about that, though. Never tried RedHat 7.x
rpms myself just because of the issues involved with different glibc
versions.

Adi