[Peeweelinux] Get rid of PeeWee login

Ken Emmons, Jr. [email protected]
Thu, 05 Sep 2002 13:06:12 -0400

Hello,

A while back I did a project that autoboots into a pre-defined user login and starts up the X window system. If you simply download the project from the peewee contributed folder on the server you can take a peak at what I did. I think the key files should be in the "custom" folder of my project under /etc/inittab and also the dotfiles in the autologin user's home directory. Also take a look at the /etc/passwd file for the user creation. I am pretty sure the launching of X gets done in the "autologin" users' bash startup, so you could modify that and be golden if you don't require X support.

Please give any suggestions or changed scripts if you don't like what I've done.

~Ken