[Peeweelinux] rc.pcmcia fails

Randy Torgerson [email protected]
Wed, 4 Sep 2002 20:04:19 -0700

I moved my project from my 386SX to my Pentium Laptop because I was having
memory leaks.  I recompiled the kernel to add PCMCIA and I removed all the
network card drivers.  When rc.pcmcia is called from sysinit during the boot
up process it fails. I think that it is failing because sysinit does not
pass the 'start' directive.  I added it and it still does not work.    I can
successfully start rc.pcmcia at the command line.  Anyone have any ideas?

There are two other fails that I have seen.  The first is a 'grep -F'.  When
I look at the web page for busybox there isn't an '-F' listed, nor is there
one listed on grep on my Redhat 7.2 box.  The other problem is in the last
line of the script, I get a 'Syntax error: Bad substitution'

Thanks,

Randy Torgerson