[Peeweelinux] How to build 6.2 programs, or other ways

Adi Linden [email protected]
Wed, 4 Sep 2002 21:16:39 -0500 (CDT)

As far as I know, the kernel is a static build binary. It does not depend
on any particular libraries at runtime. So it doesn't really matter which
libraries were installed on the system the kernel was build on.

When it comes to applications this is different. It is certainly possible
to build a statically compiled binary using any libraries of your choice
and it will run on PeeWeeLinux. Being statically compiled it won't require
any libraries to be present at runtime.

If you build a dynamically linked library it is advisable to match the
libraries as build time with the libraries at runtime. The binary require
whatever libs is was linked against at runtime.

I hope this makes sense...

Adi