[Peeweelinux] Continued boot problems - Compactflash Corruption?

Barry Gershenfeld [email protected]
Mon, 21 Oct 2002 11:06:44 -0700 (PDT)

Try eliminating parts of the puzzle, and also find out what WILL
work.

Try putting ordinary DOS on CF card and boot that on the targets?

Connect CF and IDE adapter to your HOST (remove the real drives)
and try booting your peewee image.

I did a lot of playing with floppies, and LOADLIN under DOS
just to be able to separate the startup things from the Linux-

I have a PC104 card with a ZF chip on it, and it does work.  But
I cheated.  It's got a flash board that emulates IDE directly.

I built it all using a RH 7.3 system.  Now I'm setting up a 6.2
because I will want to compile some programs and there are already
too many things to think about.

Barry