[Peeweelinux] General Information for Project

Ricardo Trindade [email protected]
Fri, 29 Nov 2002 00:56:22 -0000

if you don't use the ramdisk method you can get it to boot much quicker,
which apparently is what the original poster wanted.

-----Original Message-----
From: [email protected]
[mailto:[email protected]]On Behalf Of Stefan Willmert
Sent: quinta-feira, 28 de Novembro de 2002 14:19
To: [email protected]
Subject: RE: [Peeweelinux] General Information for Project

CF works great for things like that. ON our embedded system, linux boots on
about 30 seconds. We store an image on the CF and load a ramdisk to run the
system. That way, if the power ever goes out, or the system gets turned of,
the image is not corrupted, and can be rebooted without any system
corruption.

With a little work, I trimmed down linux to under 3MB. With a LOT of work,
you should be able to get a system in under 1.44 MB, although for me, it was
useless...as it had nothing but the kernel.

good luck

-stefan