[Peeweelinux] Re: Kernel panic: no init found.

Cem Eryasar [email protected]
Wed, 27 Nov 2002 20:56:17 +0000

I am having the same problem with RH7.3 too!
I have attahced a 32Mb Compact Flash card as hdb and I couldn't
boot from the hda, which is my primary hardrive. However win2k
works fine with the CF in the same config.

If anyone has a solution for that, will be greatly appreciated :)
Cem

praoc> Date: Wed, 27 Nov 2002 10:42:58 -0500
praoc> From: Hanoi Santos Hung <[email protected]>
praoc> Organization: ICID
praoc> To: [email protected]
praoc> Subject: [Peeweelinux] Kernel panic: no init found.
praoc> Reply-To: [email protected]

praoc> Hello:
praoc> I'm working in a almost full configuration, only excluding X and some
praoc> network and video drivers, with the last version of peewee.I change
praoc> the bzimage for bzimage-full and I'm booting from a 16 MB Compact
praoc> Flash located in hdc for programming and in hda for booting.
praoc> I'm using a GX1 SBC Card with Cx5530 Chipset and 64 MB Ram

praoc> This is the error message:

praoc> hda: Sandisk SDCFB-16, ATA DISK drive
praoc> ide0 at 0x1f0-0x1f7 on irq 14
praoc> hda: Sandisk SDFCB-16, 15 MB w/1kB Cache, CHS=490/2/32
praoc> Floppy drives(s):fd0 is 1.44M
praoc> FDC 0 is a post-1991 82077
praoc> scsi : 0 hosts
praoc> scsi : detected total
praoc> Partition check:
praoc> RAMDISK: Compressed image found at block 0
praoc> VFS Mounted root (ext2 filesystem).
praoc> Freeing unused kernel memory: 84 freed
praoc> Kernel Panic: no init found. Try passing init= option to kernel