[Peeweelinux] Kernel panic: no init found.

Ricardo Trindade [email protected]
Wed, 27 Nov 2002 17:21:02 -0000

I once had that error with a broken computer

-----Original Message-----
From: [email protected]
[mailto:[email protected]]On Behalf Of Ken Emmons, Jr.
Sent: quarta-feira, 27 de Novembro de 2002 17:07
To: [email protected]
Subject: Re: [Peeweelinux] Kernel panic: no init found.

It appears as if you don't have the init program installed.

go to your project_folder/mnt/ folder and look to see if the init program is
there. It is probably in mnt/sbin/init.

For some reason your config might not include init (although I can't imagine
how..)

~Ken

>>> Hanoi Santos Hung <[email protected]> 11/27 10:42 AM >>>
Hello:
I'm working in a almost full configuration, only excluding X and some
network and video drivers, with the last version of peewee.I change
the bzimage for bzimage-full and I'm booting from a 16 MB Compact
Flash located in hdc for programming and in hda for booting.
I'm using a GX1 SBC Card with Cx5530 Chipset and 64 MB Ram

This is the error message:

hda: Sandisk SDCFB-16, ATA DISK drive
ide0 at 0x1f0-0x1f7 on irq 14
hda: Sandisk SDFCB-16, 15 MB w/1kB Cache, CHS=490/2/32
Floppy drives(s):fd0 is 1.44M
FDC 0 is a post-1991 82077
scsi : 0 hosts
scsi : detected total
Partition check:
VFS Mounted root (ext2 filesystem).
Freeing unused kernel memory: 84 freed
Kernel Panic: no init found. Try passing init= option to kernel

--
Best regards,
Ing Hanoi Santos