[Peeweelinux] edit fstab doesn't 'stick'

Mark Meade [email protected]
Fri, 29 Mar 2002 11:03:34 -0500

Jim,

Peewee creates /etc/fstab dynamically, based on your particular target options.  As you
have already seen, any custom fstab file you create will be replaced.

I have been using 2.4 era kernels with Peewee, and I needed to add "Unix PTY support".
This required a slightly modified /etc/fstab file, to mount /dev/pts.

One way that worked was to add a custom /etc/rc.modules file, containing the following:

    echo "none /dev/pts devpts gid=5,mode=620 0 0" >>/etc/fstab
    mount -a

Not exactly pretty, but it worked.

Mark