[Peeweelinux] Driver modules not loading...

K West [email protected]
Fri, 22 Mar 2002 09:15:34 -0600

I'm a PeeWee newbie.  Using the 0.61.1 version of PeeWeeLinux, I can produce
a bootable CF card.

The problem I'm having is with driver modules not loading.  For instance, I
have the eepro100 module included in the kernel but, to bring up networking,
I have to manually load the module on my target machine and run ifconfig as
follows:

insmod //lib/modules/2.2.17/net/eepro100.o
ifconfig eth0 <ip-addr>

Similarly, if I want to mount a DOS floppy, I have to manually enter:

insmod //lib/modules/2.2.17/fs/fat.o
insmod //lib/modules/2.2.17/fs/msdos.o

What am I missing?  These modules are supposed to already be in the kernel.
Why am i having to load them manually?

Thanks in advance for any assistance.