[Peeweelinux] swapper prob.

Mark Meade [email protected]
Mon, 18 Mar 2002 11:19:56 -0500

Hi Adi,

I'm a bit confused.  I was under the impression that the "ramdisk free" parameter was used
when Peewee determines the total ramdisk size.

In one of the scripts, the formula seems to be
    total ram disk size = file system size + "free" size

I tried playing with this parameter a few months ago, and from my notes:

Filesystem  1k-blocks Used    Free
/dev/ram0    6764        4494    2270        (Ramdisk Free = 2000)
/dev/ram0    5311        4494     817         (Ramdisk Free = 500)

It seems like this parameter does affect the memory usage on the target.  Am I
misunderstanding something here?

Thanks,

Mark