[Peeweelinux] How to start telnetd in PeeWee ????

Troy Engel [email protected]
Wed, 19 Jun 2002 09:30:21 -0700

On my end, I wasn't able to get telnetd to allow logins until I:

a) built a kernel with Unix98 PTY support
b) create the device /dev/ptmx (mknod ptmx c 5 2)
c) make the directory /dev/pts
d) add "none /dev/pts devpts gid=5,mode=622 0 0" to /etc/fstab

A was done as part of the kernel 2.4 (see my howto), B and C I edited
the various PWL packages and retar'd, for D I added a line to my custom
rc.modules like so:

   # this is for telnetd to allocate ptys to allow login
   echo "none /dev/pts devpts gid=5,mode=622 0 0" >> /etc/fstab

So, your mileage may vary.  Hey, for those interested -- the rapid
protoype we built/fabbed and flew out the the client's site last week
(using PWL) was awesome; the client wants to sign a contract for us to
keep on rockin' and build the production models, etc. for them.

Thanks PWL team!
-te