[Peeweelinux] autostart

Troy Engel [email protected]
Fri, 07 Jun 2002 09:27:35 -0700

Guillaume,

If you've built your PWL with "SysV support" (most likely you have),
then the easiest (and more correct) thing to do is create a script that
lives in /etc/rcS.d/ directory (eg, "90mystuff").

On boot, the subsystem walks through this directory and executes all
scripts in order numerically, lowest to highest.  The problem with
rc.sysinit is that it's executed before any /etc/rcS.d/ scripts, which
may adversely affect your application.

It's then easy to do a Custom File Add on your initscript and keep it
seperate from the core PWL stuff.  I note, though, that loading modules
should take place in /etc/rc.modules, which is sourced by rc.sysinit if
it exists.

-te