[Peeweelinux] selecting a compact flash reader

Troy Engel [email protected]
Wed, 05 Jun 2002 18:58:20 -0700

We bought the "IOGear MemoryBank USB 2.0 Flash Card Reader" (model
gfr201) and it's working 100% on my 2.4.18 kernel. Nary a lick of a
problem operationally. (I already own an Archos jukebox and Sony DSC
digcam, so I had generic scsi/etc built into the kernel)

It's easy, though, to slip the CF card in backwards -- I did, and it
jammed.  An hour and a bunch of screwdrivers later, I had repaired the
situation.  Be careful, the CF card sits in the device with it's back
towards you, opposite what you'd think it should be.

-te