[Peeweelinux] kernel 2.4, panic on boot

Ricardo Trindade [email protected]
Wed, 5 Jun 2002 10:54:01 +0100

I didn't follow all of your discussion, but I think that if you have ext3 fs
root, you must have ext3 in the kernel, not in a module, because it can't
mount the fs to load the module... I think

bye
Ricardo Trindade

-----Original Message-----
From: [email protected]
[mailto:[email protected]]On Behalf Of Troy Engel
Sent: quarta-feira, 5 de Junho de 2002 2:22
To: [email protected]
Subject: Re: [Peeweelinux] kernel 2.4, panic on boot

Cool Mark, hope it works! (wonka)  I *think* the guys did a field test
of it today, and it passed with flying colours -- will let ya know.

Hmmmmmmmm on 2.4.18 -- well, can you even begin to guess what it's
trying to modprobe for?  ext2 is built in, only ext3 is outside.  I do
have to build ppp as modules (can't remember why, read it somewhere?)
but I could go back and build a monolithic kernel.

Sure would like to know what the heck it's trying to load...

-te

--
Troy Engel, Systems Engineer
Hockey. Kinda like Figure Skating in a War Zone.