[Peeweelinux] newbie questions

Mark Meade [email protected]
Tue, 4 Jun 2002 08:25:44 -0400

> Hope you keep in touch, as I haven't found a lot of people interested in
> embedded java...

FWIW, we've had good luck so far with Java on the Sharp Zaurus SL-5500 PDA
(16MB Flash, 64MB RAM, Linux based!).

The JVM is Insignia's "Jeode" -- not full-blown Java, but "PersonalJava"
compatible.  Supposedly, this only requires ~4MB ROM, and 2-4 MB RAM.
Doesn't seem to have an open-source / GPL license.

I also have an Arcom board (300 MHz Geode/16M flash/64M ram) that supports
the IBM J9 VM.  This also doesn't seem to be GPL.

Does anybody know of a GPL embedded Java effort?  Maybe a "Peewee Java"?? ;-)

Mark