[Peeweelinux] Uncompressed fail.

Cristi�n Mej�a [email protected]
Mon, 29 Jul 2002 08:06:14 -0400

Barry:
         I only change the target 'style', the hole system is the same and
the machine is the same (video card, mouse, etc.). As it is only
uncompressed (or RO partition with multiple RAM) and the files fits without
problem in the drive, I cannot know anything because if I comment the line
with the Xserver in the rc file, all works fine, but if the Xserver is
enabled, it locks the target PC. I cannot acces any log file.
         Is OK for me to use it compressed, but I think that can be faster
to load an uncompressed file system. Better if I can save the memory for
the RAM disk using a RO root partition. Maybe I'm wrong in this, but the RO
filesystem with multiple RAM disks was faster and uses less memory than any
other configuration. (this two tips are very important to me now). Please
let me know if any of this asseverations is not right.

Regards