[Peeweelinux] PeeWee on hard drive partition

Barry Gershenfeld [email protected]
Fri, 26 Jul 2002 17:56:41 -0700 (PDT)

>the simplest way would be to .tgz the mnt directory of your project after
>extracting files, and copying it to the partition, the booting it the way
>you prefer.

I think you mean to say I would untar it in the new partition so that
it would the be a copy of the project's ./mnt directory.  That would
work.  I guess it would resemble a conventional Linux system.

In reading the help file, I see that I can "extract a file system"...
"to any mount point".  Since my host and target are the same
hardware, I should be able to have it copy the files directly there and
get the same result.

What I did today was realize that if LOADLIN would boot it, that LILO
should also.  I just had to get the boot parameters right.  After
messing about a bit I was able to achieve that.   So now I've got
a PeeWee partition that I can boot directly, using the compressed
files built by pwlconfig.

Barry