[Peeweelinux] Filesystem Issues

Ricardo Trindade [email protected]
Thu, 25 Jul 2002 01:03:24 +0100

hi,

	I'm also using Advantech 5820. They ship drivers for X in the CD ?

ricardo

-----Original Message-----
From: [email protected]
[mailto:[email protected]]On Behalf Of Ed Anuff
Sent: quarta-feira, 24 de Julho de 2002 19:00
To: [email protected]
Subject: Re: [Peeweelinux] Filesystem Issues

I sounds like a lot of people are using Advantech systems with this.  I've
been using the Advantech PCM-5822.  In regards to the issue of Advantech
supporting Linux, although their website has minimal info regarding Linux, I
was quite surprised to find that the CD-ROM that comes with product has a
lot of Linux info including both the binary and source for the elusive
official "Durango" XFree86 driver written by National Semi which is
virtually impossible to find online.  I've had the 5822 for about a month
now and could have saved quite a bit of time for myself if I'd actually
looked on the Advantech CD-ROM first, but I'm used to vendor-supplied
drivers being useless.  Note that this is a an Xfree86 3.x driver - Xfree86
4.x users should probably stick to the standard VESA driver for best
results.

Ed