[Peeweelinux] Filesystem Issues

Ken Emmons, Jr. [email protected]
Tue, 23 Jul 2002 16:16:19 -0400

Hello Stefan,

I have similar requests as yours regarding filesystem. The option for creating multiple uncompressed partitions is the closest to what you are asking for.

The uncompressed Read only option gets you stability and ability to shut off power without hurting your file system. It ends up creating two RO partitions, one for boot and one for root I think?? But the third partition is the remaining disk space. It does not get a filesystem on it, so you have to do a mkfs on it manually, if I recall correctly.

As far as changing parameters with a script or program, simply isse a "mount -o remount  -rw"   (syntax correct??) kind of command and you can modify your config files. Just make sure to remount ar RO once you are done so that the user doesn't trash the filesystem.

~Ken