[Peeweelinux] X windows system problem.www.lin

Justin Fretwell [email protected]
Fri, 5 Jul 2002 09:17:58 +0100

hello again,

I have another problem which isnt quite peewees fault.

With my distribution i have a perl/Tk script run as soon as you log in.

the script runs fine. the problem i am having is when the script starts up
(its a dialogue box) it will only come into focus when i click the mouse
button on some position on the screen.

what i want the script to do is to startup and come into focus in the middle
of the screen with no mouse clicking and for it to be locked into that
posisition so that people cant then move it around the screen because for
some reason when that happens the dialogue doesnt want to refresh so you have
to use twm to restart the script.

so anyone know how to:

a) make the script appear in focus and locked to the middle of the screen? or
 b) if you cant lock it then how to make the screen refresh when its moved so
i dont have to restart the app all the time?

thanks
Justin